21 March 2012

The Dutch Vogue

Today, March 21, 2012. The day that the first issue of VOGUE Holland is sold. Well actually, you can only buy the VOGUE today at 'the Bijenkorf'. That's a beautiful department store. And tomorrow you can buy the VOGUE everywhere (not everywhere, but in the stores where they sell magazines, you know).

I told my mom to please go get it for me. Because I was at school the whole day, so I wouldn't had the chance to buy the VOGUE. And my mom understood me. So around 10 in the morning, she went to the Bijenkorf and bought the VOGUE for me! I'm so so so happy.
When I came home, I saw the VOGUE laying down on the table and I was like 'YEAAAAHH'. They put the VOGUE in a nice box, as you can see on the photo. And I opened it immediately. I was so excited! It's the collector's edition, which I Love.  The VOGUE was sold out quickly, so I'm lucky!

What I also like about the first issue is that there isn't just a famous model on the cover, but three dutch models, who are a little bit famous, but not that famous. Romee Strijd, Ymre Stiekema and Josefien Rodermans photographed by Marc de Groot. As you can see in the photo. Romee is wearing a pink Acne dress, Ymre is wearing a blue Valentino dress and Josefien wears a yellow suit. The cover is very beautiful, I think. Because of the clothes they wear (very colourful) and the silver elements(only in the collector's vogue).

What's in the first dutch VOGUE?
Seven shoots with the dutch models of the moment who'll show the new trends of the new fashion season. Bette Franke, Milou van Groesen, Romee Strijd, Ymre Stiekema and Josefien Rodermans.
Lots of interviews with famous dutch people, make-up and interviews with fashion designers (Jan Taminiau) and photographers. What strikes me is that there are a lot dutch people in this magazine. I like that.

I already love it, and I didn't even read the entire magazine. The magazine looks nice and I think VOGUE did a great job. They couldn't have made a better first dutch VOGUE. I'll never ever throw away this issue! If you should buy the VOGUE? Yes. Definitely. I bought it just because it was the first dutch one. And I think this is a big thing in the dutch history of fashion.
Love, Sophie

No comments:

Post a Comment